New Delhi, Apr 25: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) today moved a court here seeking its nod to re-examine co-accused-turned-approver Amir Abbas Dev whose recording of statement has recently concluded in connection with the September 2011 Delhi High Court blast case.
During an in-chamber hearing, NIA filed an application before District Judge I S Mehta in which it is understood to have said there were some ambiguity and discrepancies in Dev's statement in the court and it wanted to re-examine him, court sources said.
They said the court has listed NIA's plea for further hearing on May 1 when it would also hear arguments on the bail application of Dev. Dev, who was initially arrested in connection with the blast at Delhi High Court's reception on September 7, 2011 which killed 15 people, later turned approver.
The court had first recorded Dev's statement after the trial against Wasim Akram Malik, the sole arrested accused in the case, had commenced on April 1, this year.
Dev had earlier given two statements before a magistrate under section 164 of the CrPC and both his testimonies were placed before the special NIA court during his examination in the trial. The statements, recorded by a magistrate under section 164 of the CrPC, bind a person and any subsequent deviation would make him liable for prosecution for the offence of perjury.
In his two statements, Dev had given details of the conspiracy behind the blast at the High Court's reception and also stated about the hatching of the conspiracy and involvement of other accused in the blast.