Delhi Child Raped: Police gag protests, close Metro Stations

Posted By:
Subscribe to Oneindia News

New Delhi, April 22: Two more Metro stations have been closed down on Monday, April 22 following the instructions of Delhi police who anticipated massive protests at India Gate and 7 Race Course Road (7 RCR).

Delhi Metro officials on Monday informed that Udyog Bhavan station has been closed for public from 10:15 am and operations at Central Secretariat stations were closed at 10:55 am. The two stations will be remained shut till further instructions from police.

The RCR station has been closed since 6:45 pm o Sunday. The Udyog Bhavan station is close to India Gate and 7 RCR. However, the interchange facility is available at Central Secretariat station.

Despite such moves, police seem to have failed to restrict the protesters as a group of BJP activists staged protests at several places in the national capital slamming the government over rape of a 5-year-old girl. The protesters marched towards the Parliament.


Earlier activists of Arvind Kejriwal's party Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) were detained on Sunday when they had tried to break the barricades to enter the high-security premises at 7 RCR.

The party had served an "ultimatum" to the government to remove Delhi Police commissioner Neeraj Kumar in connection with Delhi police inaction over the rape case.

The PM was not alone who faced the wrath of people. A group of women activists of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had protested outside Sonia Gandhi's residence at 10 JanpathShouting "Enough is enough!" and "Save the girl!".

The five-year-old girl was abducted on April 15 and kept hostage without food and water in a room in which the attacker lived. The 25-year-old accused Manoj Kumar was arrested on Friday. Kumar later revealed that one of his friend also had raped the toddler. Police arrested the second accused from Bihar, police confirmed the report on Monday.

The victim, who is currently under treatment at AIIMS hospital in the national capital, is believed to have recovered from her injuries. DK Sharma, the hospital medical superintendent, was quoted as saying, "She slept well on Saturday night, and is alert, conscious and speaking to her parents. Her vital parameters are stable, and the colostomy tube is functioning well. At this stage, as such there is no danger to her life."

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...