London, April 15: Investigation was on into the mysterious deaths of an Indian-origin woman and two of her daughters in their hose in west London. The deceased were identified as Heena Solanki, 34, Jasmine, 9, and Prisha, 4. Heena was a school library assistant by profession. The bodies were found on Friday evening.
While police said the reason behind the deaths were still unexplained, media reports claimed that Solanki was thought to have killed herself and her daughters by filling the home with poisonous gas. Solankis' neighbours reportedly informed the police after getting a strong smell coming out of the house.
According to other sources, however, it was Heena's husband Kalpesh who had called the police after he returned home from work and discovered the bodies. The police were called on Friday evening.
Sources said the police were also investigating whether the victims died by consuming chemicals. Neighbours told the media that police officers were seen going into the house in chemical suits and removing a bag marked "caution health hazard".
There was, however, no clear idea about what had caused the death of deaths of the members of what neighbours called "a happy family".
A family friend, when contacted, said Heena never used chemicals at home.
Kalpesh's parents also lived with them but they were away on a holiday in India when the incident took place.
Sources said Heena was due to join a new job next month.