Hit-and-run case: Oops! Salman skips court appearance again

Salman Khan
Mumbai, March 25: Bollywood superstar Salman Khan failed to appear before the Mumbai Sessions Court on Monday, March 25, say media reports.

Now, the Mumbai Sessions court postponed the hearing related to the enhancement of charges against the actor in 2002 hit and run case. Next hearing is scheduled on April 8.

The 47-year-old actor was supposed to appear before the Mumbai Sessions court in regard to the infamous 2002 hit-and-run case on Monday.

The court on Monday was likely to decide whether the actor should be tried for culpable homicide not amounting to murder, which attracts a punishment up to ten years in prison.

Earlier, a court in January said police has provided enough evidence that merits trying the actor for culpable homicide not amounting to murder.

However, the magistrate transferred the case to the Sessions Court as it "didn't have the jurisdiction to hear the case".

The actor came back to India from USA on Saturday, March 23 night to appear before the Court on Monday, sources close to the superstar informed.

Sessions Judge UB Hejib has scheduled the hearing for March 25, 2013, and the 47-year-old had been asked to be present on that day, the sources said.

On the fateful night of September 28, 2002, the actor allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol had run over his Toyota Land Cruiser on homeless people who were sleeping on the pavement. In the accident one person was killed and four were injured.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...