The incident took place on Magadi Road. The godown measured 75 feet by 60 feet.
According to reports, the fire broke out at 5: 30 am. Six workers who had finsihed their night shift were sleeping inside. "We employed 11 fire fighters and the fire has now been put out. Five persons were seen in lying down position, completely charred, while another body was found near the entrance which had a rolling shutter and was closed from the front," a fire services officer was quoted as saying.
"According to initial information, seven workers worked throughout the night as the company had to send a large consignment of seats to Dubai on Monday (Monday). Hence, they slept in the early hours of Monday. One of them went out to bring tea and thereby his life was saved. Unfortunately he had to lock the rolling shutter before he went out as the godown was stocked fully,' a fire officer said.
However, proprietor of SR Seating Systems Pvt Ltd was no where to be seen.