However, hospital has refuted the charges.
Abhishek was admitted to Panacea hospital, Bangalore on Sunday, March 17 to undergo a liposuction (removal of excess fat). He weighed around 85 kg.
However, the 16-year-old boy died due to an alleged overdose of anaesthesia.
He was left brain dead in the ICU of a multispecialty hospital, before he was shifted to Columbia Asia hospital on Wednesday, March 21, where he breathed his last.
Abhishek's parents alleged that doctors at Panacea hospital administered an overdose of anaesthesia to the boy. The parents say due to overdose of anaesthesia the boy suffered a cardiac arrest and died.
"Just after he was prepared for surgery (at Panacea), doctors informed me that Abhishek had suffered a cardiac arrest. The doctors said due to this my son had gone into a comatose condition," said Ramesh, the boy's father.
The boy arrived in a comatose state to Columbia Asia hospital.
"We did the best to revive Abhishek. We informed the parents that the boy was in a critical condition and chances of his survival were remote," said Arvind Kasargod, chief of medical service at Columbia Asia hospital.
"The doctors at Columbia questioned Govardhan, anaesthesiologist at Panacea, why he had given a young boy such a large dose. Govardhan said he had expected the boy to sustain it," Ananthmurthy, the boy's uncle said.