Hyd blasts suspects remanded in judicial custody

Subscribe to Oneindia News

Hyderabad Blasts
New Delhi, March 20: 3 suspects in the Hyderabad blasts which shook the city last month, were interrogated by National Investigation Agency (NIA) regarding their involvement in the blasts.

They were remanded in judicial custody by the Delhi court until April 3. They are suspected to be Indian Mujahideen (IM) operatives.

According to sources, 'district judge I S Mehta sent Obaid-Ur-Rehman, Syed Maqbool and Imran Khan to judicial custody after NIA said that their probe into the case is going on.'

Sources also said that the NIA had told the court that they need to confront both Maqbool and Imran with Rehman as some conflicting statements have been given by them during their separate interrogation.

Maqbool and Imran were earlier remanded in NIA custody for five days by the court during which they were taken to Hyderabad in connection with the blasts. Rehman was remanded in NIA custody on March 13 after the agency submitted that custodial interrogation of Rehman was necessary to unearth the entire conspiracy behind the bombings.

On Tuesday, NIA which had a bitter fight with the Hyderabad Police on blasts case probe, announced a reward of Rs 10 lakh for any information leading to the arrest of the accused in the terror attack. Even after a month of the blasts at Dilsukhnagar, the primer investigative agency has failed achieve a breakthrough in the case.

OneIndia News (With inputs from PTI)

Please Wait while comments are loading...