Bhandara case: Investigation to be handed over to CBI

Mumbai, March 19: With the police not making a headway in the death of the 3 minor sisters in Bhandara, the Maharashtra government is likely to hand over the investigation to the CBI.

The Legislative Council has now left the option to the family. "Even if the victim's family sends a post card to the government demanding CBI investigation...the government is ready to hand over the case to CBI," the minister said.

"Three reports of forensic experts were received and all stated cause of death was drowning and did not mention rape," Patil said.

This was announced by Home Minister RR Patil, while replying to a discussion. Patil said that a team had gone to Rajasthan and Gujarat in connection with the case and 500 people had already been questioned.

Initially, it was assumed that the three minor sisters, aged 11, 8, and 6 were said to be lured with food by the culprits. The three girls went missing on February 14 from their village Murwadi near Lakhni taluka in Bandara district, 65 kilometres from Nagpur. After remaining missing for two days, the bodies of the girls were found dumped in a well near the village. Preliminary post-mortem report had confirmed that the girls were raped before being murdered. According to the post-mortem report girls were raped and murdered and thrown into the well.

However, later the forensic report says the three minor siblings were not raped. Rather they were thrown into the well due to which they died. The forensic report contradicts what was earlier stated in the post-mortem.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...