Hit-and-run: Dabanng Salman challenges 'wrong' court order

Salman Khan
Mumbai, March 6: Bollywood actor Salman Khan, infamous for his angry outbursts, has not taken lightly the decision of a lower court in connection with the 2002 hit-and-run case.

In fact, the 47-year-old actor has pleaded in a Mumbai sessions court against a lower court's order. The actor in his petition has said the magistrate's order "erroneous" and "in bad taste".

The Mumbai sessions court will hear Salman's plea against the lower court's order on Wednesday, March 6.

The lower court had earlier passed a judgement saying the actor should be tried for culpable homicide not amounting to murder for 2002 hit-and-run case.

On the fateful night of September 28, 2002, the 47-year-old actor's Land Cruiser rammed into a bakery. In the accident one person died and four were injured, who were apparently sleeping on the pavement. The trial is on in the Bandra court since 2006.

The actor was earlier being tried for rash and negligent driving. 

On January 31, a Magistrates Court in Mumbai accepted the plea of the Maharashtra government that Salman Khan should be tried under section 304 (II) of Indian Penal Code (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) in the aforementioned case.

Senior lawyer Majeed Memon said, "The main witness, his bodyguard, is no more, and now with the court moving to a new charge will require his side of the story, so there is really nothing to worry about for Salman."

Now, it has to be seen whether the sessions court will give relief to the actor or not?

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...