The budget also proposed several special express trains from various destinations in the state. These include:
1. Hubli-Mumbai (weekly) via Miraj and Pune
2. Jabalpur-Yeswantpur (weekly) via Nagpur and Dharmavaram
3. Madgaon-Mangalore Intercity (daily) via Udupi and Karwar
4. Mangalore-Kachiguda (weekly) via Dhone, Gooty, Renigunta and Coimbatore
5. Nagarcoil-Bangalore (daily) via Madurai and Tiruchirappalli
6. Yeswantpur-Lucknow (weekly) via Rae Bareli and Pratapgarh and Patliputra (Patna)
7. Bangalore Express (Weekly) Via Chheoki.
New proposed passenger trains are:
1. Marikuppam-Bangalore (daily)
2.Talguppa-Shimoga Town Passenger (daily).
Other announcements for Karnataka include:
1. Executive lounge would be opened in seven stations, including Bangalore.
2. Resumption of work on new line projects of Chickballapur-Sakleshpur and Bangalore-Satyamangalam, which were pending for want of resources and other mandatory clearances, after Karnataka government agreed to give land free of cost and bear 50 per cent of cost.
3. Skill-development centres (to impart skills to the youth in railway-related trades) in 25 locations, including in Mangalore.
4. Railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal announced taking up new line Chickballapur-Gowribidanur, Chickballapur-Puttaparthy-Sri Satya Sai Nilayam, Gadag-Wadi and Srinivasapura-Madanapalli, adding surveys proposed in 2013-14 include Tumkur-Maddur-Malavalli and Tumkur-Arsikere (doubling) and Shoranur-Mangalore 3rd Line.
5. New DEMU services announced included BhatkalThokur.
6. Extension of trains including:
a) 17307/17308 Bagalkot-Yesvantpur Express to Mysore
b) 12577/12578 Darbhanga-Bangalore Express to Mysore
c) 16591/16592 Hubli-Bangalore Express to Mysore
d) 12653/12654 Mangalore - Tiruchchirappalli Express to Puducherry
e) 16535/16536 Solapur-Yesvantpur Express to Mysore
f) 12629/12630 Yesvantpur -Hazrat Nizamuddun Sampark Kranti Express two days to Chandigarh
g) 56275/56276 Mysore-Shimoga Town Passenger to Talguppa
Increase in frequency of:
a) 12629/12630 Yesvantpur -Hazrat Nizamuddun Sampark Kranti Express from two to four days
b) 56221/56222/56525/56526 Bangalore-Tumkur passenger from six to seven days.