Wrong arrests leave Bangalore cops embarrassed

Bangalore Jail
Bangalore, Feb 26: After a 6 month ordeal, Bangalore based journalist Muthi-ur rehman Siddiqui who was branded a terrorist walked out free on Monday night.The 26 year old reporter with Deccan Herald was wrongly detained by the police in what came to be known as the 'Bangalore terror module case' . He finally walked out Parappana Agrahara Central Jail around 10 pm.

Along with him, Yusuf Nalband (28), a technician with a private firm who was also accused walked out free. "Nobody should go through what I have. Only I know the pain I went through," said an emotional Siddiqui.

"I was projected as the mastermind. I thank my friends and colleagues who stood by me," he said.

The National Investigation Agency gave the duo a clean chit after they found no substantial evidence against the two.

Irshad Desai from the Association for Protection of Civil Rights which fought the legal battle on his behalf.

13  suspects were arrested six months ago in Bangalore.They were arrested last year after the Bangalore police claimed to have evidence against them for plotting attacks targeting MPs, MLAs and journalists for anti-Islamic writing.

Home minister of Karnataka, R Ashoka did not respond when asked if the state government would take any action against police officers who had goofed up in the case.

The fight is still on for the 11 others who are yet to be released.

Oneindia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...