Police is still clueless about the accused and but claimed that they have got few leads.
Police has come under scanner for lapses in the case. Even police admitted to their fault. Maharashtra Additional Director General Javed Ahmed told media that action had already been taken against one of the concerned police officials.
"We are analysing various aspects but haven't reached any inference yet. Ten teams have been formed to look into different angles," Akhtar said.
The mourning mother has blamed the police for the death of her daughters. "The first day when we filed the complaint, the police didn't act on it. Had they looked for the girls, my girls would have been found. This is nothing but negligence," she said
The mother had approached the police when her daughters failed to reach home late in the evening. However, police did not initiate any probe. The mother told news channels that after lot of hardship she lodged a missing report in the police station.
The police started probing the case after locals protested and blocked the National Highway 6 for hours on Wednesday. Police initially termed the death of the girls as an accident.
Now, the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has issued a notice to the Maharashtra government in regard to the tragic rape and murder of three minor girls.
"The NHRC has taken suo motu cognisance of the case and has issued a notice to the state chief secretary calling for a report within four weeks," it said in a statement.
The three minor sisters, aged 11, 8, and 6 were said to be lured with food by the culprits. The three girls went missing on February 14 from their village Murmadi, near Lakhni town in Bandara district, 65 kilometres from Nagpur.
After remaining missing for two days, the bodies of the girls were found dumped in a well near the village. Preliminary post-mortem report has confirmed that the girls were raped before being murdered.