A 23-year-old paramedical student was brutally gang-raped and murdered by a group of six men. The sixth accused is said to be a minor.
The Juvenile Justice (JJ) Board is likely to hear on Thursday arguments for framing charges against the minor accused in the case.
The December 16, 2012 Delhi crime has shocked the nation. Everyone is demanding death penalty for the six accused. While a fast-track court in New Delhi is hearing the case against the five accused, the sixth accused case will be dealt by the JJ Board.
The juvenile is said to be the most brutal among all the rapists.
The Board had earlier declared the sixth accused as a minor based on the age given in his school certificate. He is said to be 17 years of age.
The family of the victim has expressed displeasure over the decision. Father of the victim has demanded a bone test on the minor accused to verify his exact age.
Moreover, media reports say the officials at a juvenile detention facility in Delhi have taken the unusual step of keeping the teenager isolated from other detainees for his own safety.
They say the brutality of the attack angered the other inmates, some of whom have been convicted of murder.