New Delhi, Feb 1: Resuming their series of explosions, Arvind Kejriwal and his supporters on Friday, Feb 1 seem to have exposed Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and her government's nexus with power companies such as Anil Ambani-led Reliance.
Addressing a press conference in the national capital, Kejriwal provided papers which showed a scam over power tariff in Delhi.
Exposing an alleged nexus between Delhi government and private power distribution companies, Kejriwal said, "power tariff in Delhi should be half of what it is now."
Accusing Anil Ambani of being involved in the scam, Kejriwal chided, "A case of cheating should be filed against Anil Ambani."
Kejriwal and his Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) recently engaged itself in building district teams and are likely to organise street protests to boost the anti-incumbency mood. Kejriwal on Friday must be delighted for the media coverage of his press conference as he earlier on the day had tweeted, "It would be interesting to see which media house shows it, after Mukesh Ambani's defamation notice."
Here are few highlights of his press conference:
- Today after 11 years of privatization, electricity prices in Delhi are increasing instead of decreasing.
- DERC had ruled electricity companies weren't making losses but were making profit, issued an order to reduce prices.
- Both the Congress and the BJP had a copy of the DERC order, but both parties hushed it up.
- When power prices rise then the govt says it is in the hands of DERC, otherwise it is within their control.
- The DERC chairman PD Sudhakar is working as an 'agent' of the electricity companies.
- Some consumers like Delhi Jal Board and others shown as no consumption, no billing. Fudging in records to show loss.
- Reliance showed inflated costs while acquiring equipment and had been caught out by the DERC.
- Money collected from consumers taken off the books. Artificial losses shown by Ambani company.
- Saara ka saara fraud hai. Chaar sau beesi hai. CAG ka audit hona chahiye iskaa. Par Sheilaji nai karvaengi (Everyone is fraud. CAG probe is needed. Unfortunately, Sheila Dikshit will not allow an investigation by CAG).
- The extra money taken from the people in the garb of electricity bills should be refunded.
- Congress and BJP are hand in glove in this scam. If BJP is really opposition party they would have unearthed this.