Arsenal and Manchester City have entered a transfer tussle to sign David Villa. QPR manager Harry Redknapp is interested in signing Scott Parker, Chris samba and Peter Crouch. Stoke City are ready to offload players to sign striker Darren Bent from Aston Villa. Here is a look at all the transfer news and rumours from the Barclays Premier League on Jan 30.
- Arsenal are still desperate to land Barcelona striker David Villa despite keen interest from defending champions Manchester City. Roberto Mancini wants to replace Mario Balotelli, who is set to join AC Milan for £17million. City are ready to meet the £15m asking price to sign Villa, 31.
- Birmingham keeper Jack Butland is in talks with Chelsea over a £4million move but needs convincing.
- David Moyes has denied claims that he has signed Leroy Fer to replace Marouane Fellaini.
- Stoke City manager Tony Pulis will try and sign Aston Villa striker Darren Bent and is ready to offload Peter Crouch, Kenwyne Jones and midfielder Charlie Adam to raise funds for the deal.
- David Beckham has joined Arsenal for training but Arsene Wenger has ruled out any chance of him returning to the Premier League.
- Phillipe Coutinho is expected to undergo a medical soon and be confirmed as Liverpool second signing this Janaury. The Brazilian was snapped with a Liverpool shirt.
- Norwich are close to signing £8m-rated striker Gary Hooper but in case the deal doesn't go through the Canaries are expected to sign Leeds United striker Luciano Becchio.
- Arsenal have not bought a player this transfer window and are expected to miss out on signing Yoann Gourcuff. However, Arsene Wenger has not given up on David Villa from Barcelona.
- Tottenham will try and sign long-term target Leandro Damiao from Internacional with a £15million offer before the transfer window shuts.
- Reading are confident of beating Liverpool to secure the signature of winger Tom Ince from Blackpool.
- West Ham are planning a move for Shaktar Donetsk left-back Razvan Rat.
- Liverpool are planning to send defender Sebastian Coates on loan. Earlier reports suggest that the Reds were on the verge of selling the Uruguayan to Brazilian side Gremio for £7million.
- QPR manager Harry Redknapp made a sensational £10million for Christopher Samba and Stoke agree to sell Peter Crouch for £5million plus Jamie Mackie in a player plus cash deal.
- Fulham are in talks to sign AC Milan midfielder Urby Emanuelson on loan.