- Newcastle captain Fabricio Collocini is set to stay at St James Park after he was told it would cost him £7 million to quit. The Argentine wanted to return to his home club San Lorenzo but the Magpies have spent nearly £25 million on him over the years. The skipper is expected to stay at the club for the rest of the season.
- The Magpies have completed the signing of defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa from Montpellier for a reported to be around £7 million. The 23-year-old signed a five-and-a-half year deal at St James Park.
- Another French signing for Alan Pardew is forward Yoan Gouffran from Bordeaux. The 26-year-old joined Magpies for a reported fee of £1.4 million and signed a four-and-a-half year contract. In his four-and-a-half year stint with Bordeaux, Gouffran scored 40 goals in 179 appearances.
- Newcastle made their third French signing in three days after confirming the signature of Massadio Haidara for an undisclosed fee on a five-and-a-half year contract.
- Newcastle are closing in on yet another French player Moussa Sissoko. The 23-year-old defensive midfielder had been previously linked with Arsenal but the Magpies are favourites to seal his signature.
- AC Milan are interested in Newcastle full-back Davide Santon and keeper Tim Krul. The 24-year-old Dutch keeper is a transfer target for the summer while Santon has impressed through out the season.
- Wigan Athletic are preparing a £400,000 bid to sign Newcastle right-back Danny Simpson.
- Newcastle were on the verge of signing QPR striker Loic Remy from Marseille but Rangers offered wages around £80,000-a-week which prompted the striker to snub Magpies.
More to follow..