- Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini will look to sign a defender if captain Vincent Kompany loses his red card appeal. City target Borussia Dortmund duo Neven Subotic and Mats Hummels.
- Queens Park Rangers have beaten Newcastle United for the signature of Marseille striker Loic Remy. QPR boss Harry Redknapp is ready to move in for Rennes midfielder Yann M'Vila.
- Liverpool have offered a trial to Norway defender Vegard Forren with a view to a possible move. The £4m-rated defender is a target for Fulham and Everton.
- Rangers are still interested in West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie, 31, even after the Baggies rejected £2 million offer. West Brom want nearly £6m for the Nigeria international as well £5m-rated defender Jonas Olsson.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has refused to sign a new contract at Real Madrid but the Portuguese is ready to see out his contract which ends in 2015. Ronaldo, 27, has been linked with a big money move to Paris Saint-Germain.
- Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova has dismissed reports suggesting that striker David Villa is set to leave after limited first-team football. Arsenal are one of the clubs interested in Villa, 31, but Barca will not let him leave in January.
- West Ham United have not given up on signing Blackburn defender Martin Olsson.
- Arsenal and Manchester United are set to hold talks with Crystal Palace over the transfer of Wilfried Zaha. United are favourites but Arsene Wenger is not ready to give up on the 20-year-old.
- Liverpool have linked with a shock move for Barcelona keeper Victor Valdes.
- Chinese club Guizhou Renhe has given up hopes of signing Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard.
- Tottenham are interested in Palermo midfielder Josip Ilicic, 24, who was once a target for Chelsea.
- The Blues are ready to allow Lucas Piazon and Marko Marin out on loan to gain more playing time and experience.
- Arsenal and Chelsea are considering a move for West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame as talks stall over new deal.
More to follow..