- Manchester City are reportedly interested in Napoli goal machine Edinson Cavani and have offered a whopping £50 million to sign the Uruguayan striker. Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed he had rejected any bid for Cavani, 25, but suggested he would like to see Mario Balotelli in Naples.
- Inter Milan are considering a £25m bid for Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko. The Bosnian has been tagged 'super sub' by City fans but the player doesn't like the bit-part role at the Etihad. Arsenal were also interested to sign Dzeko but City boss Roberto Mancini will not sell him.
- AC Milan chief Silvio Berlusconi says he will never sign Mario Balotelli and called him 'Rotten Apple'.
- City could lose out on long-term target Daniele De Rossi as Roma will not sell him under any circumstances. The 29-year-old Italy international was on City's transfer list since the summer.
- Chelsea are in danger of losing their target Taison as City are ready to bid for the Brazilian. Blues agreed a £11 million fee but after City, Shakhtar Donetsk and Benfica made enquiries, his club Metalist Kharkiv are now asking £13 million.
- Joleon Lescott could be heading out of Etihad Stadium after being denied first-team football. Lescott, 30, has made only eight starts this season and Aston Villa are keen on signing the England defender with a £10m offer.
- Sergio Aguero has been linked with Real Madrid after news about City's offer to sign Cavani broke out. The La Liga champions are ready to make a huge offer of around £50 million to land Aguero.
- Luka Modric has been voted the worst La Liga signing of 2012 and the Real Madrid midfielder claims to be unsettled in the Spanish capital. Modric, 27, is ready to return 'home' with the Premier League attracting City, Chelsea and Manchester United.