London, Jan 9: Walcott is set to sign a bumper contract, Inter Milan want Manchester City striker, Sneijder set for Turkey switch, Liverpool nearing Ince signing, all the transfer news and rumours from the Barclays Premier League on Jan 9.
- Theo Walcott will be offered a new improved contract worth around £25 million for five years. The 23-year-old winger will earn nearly £90,000-a-week including a £3m signing-on bonus. The England international had rejected an offer from the club back in August.
- Inter Milan are lining up a £25 million bid for Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko. City are not willing to sell the Bosnian striker unless they sign a replacement but their target Edinson Cavani from Napoli is valued at £50 million. Inter have made a shortlist of strikers including Loic Remy and Leandro Damiao.
- Manchester United, City and Tottenham's pursuit of Dutch ace Wesley Sneijder could be foiled by Turkey giants Galatasaray. The Inter Milan midfielder had reportedly rejected offers from Liverpool and Spurs but is now set snub the Manchester giants.
- Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck could be heading out of Old Trafford, with Reading interested in taking the England striker on a loan deal.
- United are confident of signing winger Wilfried Zaha even though Spurs made the initial offer. Crystal Palace are demanding around £20 million for the young star but clubs feel £10m offer is sufficient.
- Liverpool are closing in on a £6 million deal for Blackpool winger Tom Ince.
- Chelsea and Arsenal are in pole position to trigger Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini's £22 million buy-out clause.
- QPR defender Ryan Nelsen has quit the club and taken up a role as manager of Toronto FC.
- QPR are ready to pip Sunderland and Norwich City to sign £4m-rated Danny Graham from Swansea City. Rangers are also keen on Marseille forward Loic Remy but face competition from Spurs and Newcastle United.
- Barcelona have warned Premier League clubs that striker David Villa will not be sold this month. Barca President Sandro Rosell has denied all reports of a possible transfer move.
- David Beckham has been offered a mega £20million two-year deal to join the Qatar Star League.
- AC Milan have ruled out signing Mario Balotelli from Manchester City.
More to follow...