- Chelsea are ready to offer veteran midfielder Frank Lamaprd a new contract after mentioning that the club legend could be leaving at the end of the season. Lampard, 34, scored a penalty in the 5-1 thrashing of Southampton in the FA Cup and became the clubs second all-time goal-scorer with 193 goals.
- Chelsea have been put on high alert after former target Luka Modric was voted La Liga's worst signing of 2012. Modric, who made a £33m move to Real Madrid from Spurs, was a major target for Chelsea in 2011.
- The European champions are considering a £15 million move for Malaga forward Isco. The Spanish club are in desperate need to clear their taxes and could be forced to sell 20-year-old.
- Chelsea's long-term target Radamel Falcao could make the switch to Real Madrid from Atletico Madrid. Chelsea are favourites to land the Columbia international for £48 million but they might have to wait until the summer.
- Despite signing Demba Ba, interim manager Rafa Benitez feels he needs two more signings to win silverware with Chelsea. Top of the list are Miralem Pjanic from Roma, Willian from Shakhtar Donetsk and Paulinho from Corinthians.
- Ashley Cole, 31, could be heading out of Stamford Bridge after rejecting a short-term offer from Chelsea. But similar to Lampard, will the Blues do a u-turn with Cole?
- After failing with two bids to sign striker Andre Schurrle, Chelsea now plan to use winger Marko Marin as bait to get their long-term target. Marin hasn't enjoyed much football at the Bridge and could be sent on to Bayer Leverkusen.
- Chelsea are interested in bidding nearly £30 million for Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini. The Belgian has three years left on his contract.