- Arsenal are plotting a move for Barcelona striker David Villa during the January transfer window. The Spanish striker has lacked first-team chances under Tito Vilanova and Arsene Wenger is likely to sign on a loan deal. Gunners have been linked to several strikers like Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Adrian Lopez, Wilfried Zaha and Edin Dzeko.
- Manchester City eye a move for Corinthians midfielder Paulinho next month. Chelsea are monitoring the Brazilian but City are desperate to replace Yaya Toure who will be on national duty for the African Cup of Nations. The young midfielder has won 8 caps for Brazil and has also scored two goals for his country.
- Queens Park Rangers manager harry Redknapp has revealed the club are in talks with Nicolas Anelka. The former Chelsea striker is eager to terminate his contract with Chinese side Shanghai Shenhua. West Ham United are also interested in the 33-year-old Frenchman.
- Manchester United centre-back Jonny Evans has signed a new 10-year deal to remain at Old Trafford.
- Meanwhile, the Red Devils are considering a move for Mexico international Hector Herrera. The £9m-rated midfielder is also target for Porto.
- Newcastle striker Demba Ba has rejected a £80,000-a-week offer from Queens Park Rangers.
- The Magpies have been asked to pay £15 million to sign Loic Remy, Marseille president Vincent Labrune said.
- Wilfried Zaha is set to choose between Arsenal and Manchester United as the two clubs weigh up attractive offers for the promising 20-year-old winger.
- Arsenal outcast Marouane Chamakh is a target for Inter Milan and West ham United.