- Chelsea are considering £20 million move for Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini as a replacement for veteran Frank Lampard. Fellaini, 25, made his departure more certain after being handed a three-match for head-butting Stoke City defender Ryan Shawcross and Everton boss David Moyes is ready to punish the Belgian with £150,000 fine.
- Lampard, 34, is wanted by former Chelsea boss Claudio Ranieri at French second division side Monaco. The England midfielder is set to leave Chelsea at the end of the season according to interim manager Rafa Benitez.
- Manchester City centre-back Joleon Lescott could leave the club on loan in January. The 30-year-old England international has fallen down the pecking order at City after the ride of young 19-year-old Matija Nastasic. Despite the injury to captain Vincent Kompany, Roberto Mancini has opted Kolo Toure ahead of Lescott.
- Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen has urged his side to sign Ajax playmaker Christian Eriksen. The Denmark sensation had also been linked with several Premier League clubs during the summer.
- Harry Redknapp is interested to sign former Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka and Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole in January. Anelka, 33, is set to terminate his contract with Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua. Redknapp wants to give Cole an escape route from his Liverpool misery. The QPR boss will have £10 million to spend in January.
- Liverpool and Chelsea will go into a January transfer tussle to sign Lyon striker Bafetimbi Gomis. The 27-year-old is yet to decide whether to sign a contract extension with French giants.
- Manchester City chiefs have told Roberto Mancini to offload Mario Balotelli in January. The Italian striker is fighting to overturn a club fine of £340,000. Italy national team manager Cesare Prandeli has urged Balotelli to listen to his coaches to make the most of his career.
- Liverpool are eyeing a move for Valencia winger Sofiane Feghouli, 22, during the transfer window next month. The Reds target Arda Turan has revealed he wants to leave Atletico Madrid at the end of the season.
- Fulham are ready to make a shock move for QPR striker Jamie Mackie.