London, Dec 16: Chelsea eye Real Madrid left-back for departing Ashley Cole while QPR set to move for Lampard, Arsenal eye AC Milan forward, Sir Alex Ferguson won't but in January, Liverpool want Swedish centre-back and Turkey striker, all the transfer news and rumours from the Barclays Premier League on Dec 16.
- Chelsea are planning a move for Real Madrid left-back Fabio Coentrao in case Ashley Cole leaves. The 24-year old Portuguese was linked with the Blues during Andre Villas-Boas' time as manager
- Chelsea's new interim manager Rafa Benitez has revealed that Cole, 31 and veteran midfielder Frank Lampard will leave the club for free in the summer. Cole has been linked with Paris Saint-Germain while Lampard wants to stay in the Premier League with QPR ready to sign the England international
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is interested in signing AC Milan forward Stephan El Shaarawy in January. The Gunners have been linked with several strikers across Europe including Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Fernando Llorente, Adrian Lopez and Wilfried Zaha
- Blackpool have confirmed there have been talks with other clubs regarding the transfer of 20-year old winger Tom Ince. Ince, who left Liverpool in 2011, has drawn attention from his former club and Manchester United
- Meanwhile, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said that his club will not spend in January. The Red Devils have been to Arsenal winger Theo Walcott and Crystal Palace's Zaha
- Andreas Granqvist is flattered by Liverpool's interest but is currently happy with Italy Serie A side Genoa. The Swedish international made 14 appearances for Wigan Athletic during the 2007-08 season
- Manchester City are ready to bid for Sporting Lisbon's young winger Bruma. City pulled out of the chase in August after the players £24m asking price
- Liverpool are eyeing a move for Galatasaray striker Burak Yilmaz, 27, who has scored six Champions League goals and 11 in the national league
- Demba Ba has made clear to potential suitors Liverpool and Arsenal that he wants nothing less than £90,000-a-week and will not agree for a new contract with Newcastle United
- Liverpool are confident winger Raheem Sterling will sign a new contract but are concerned after right-back Martin Kelly rejected a £35,000-a-week contract extension
- West Ham United are determined to keep Mohamed Diame by offering double the wages to keep Arsenal away. The Hammers are willing to pay Diame £60,000-a-week.