- Manchester United have entered the race to sign Arsenal contract rebel Theo Walcott. The 23 year-old England international has rejected a new deal at the Emirates and United are ready to beat Liverpool and Manchester City to sign Walcott.
- Liverpool are on the verge of signing attacking duo Daniel Strurridge from Chelsea and Blackpool winger Thomas Ince. Brendan Rodgers is set to close in on the January targets with a new £18 million bid. Ince, 20, was allowed to leave Liverpool just 18 months ago for £250,000.
- Manchester City are plotting a move for Mamadou Sakho from Paris Saint-Germain. The 22-year old has been left out with the arrival of Thiago Silva from AC Milan. Meanwhile, City boss Roberto Mancini will try and sign the centre-back which could see Joleon Lescott leave the club.
- Chelsea will battle it out with Manchester City to land midfield dynamo Paulinho from Brazilian club Corinthians. The Blues Brazilian influence could tempt the 24-year old to snub Manchester and move to London. Paulinho is set to face Chelsea in the FIFA Club World Cup in Japan this month.
- Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole has insisted he has no plans to leave the Reds. Cole, 31, scored Liverpool's crucial goal at West Ham, his first goal in the league for 20 months. The Hammers are ready to offer an escape route to Cole after being left out of the squad.
- Shane Long has denied rumours of leaving West Brom Albion in January with Liverpool looking to sign the striker.
- Liverpool have also enquired about Barcelona forward Alexis Sanchez on loan move to Anfield. The Reds are monitoring the Chileans situation at the club and hope Catalans sell the striker in summer.
- Newcastle are targeting Artem Milevskiy from Dynamo Kiev as a replacement for Demba Ba. Liverpool and Arsenal are keen on signing the Senegal international who has a release clause of £7.5 million