- Chelsea are close to signing Serbia teen sensation Lazar Markovic from Partizan Belgrade. The Blues will finalise an £8m deal for the 18-year old midfielder who has been capped capped by his country and has also scored a goal in a friendly.
- Aston Villa, Queens Park Rangers and Norwich City want to sign MLS star Robbie Keane on loan in January. The Irishman has had loan spells with Aston Villa last season. But Keane, 32, has refused to return to the Premier League insisting he needs a break to recover.
- Arsenal legend Thierry Henry is set to make his third spell with Gunners in the FA Cup clash against Swansea City on January 6.
- Newcastle manager Alan Pardew admitted the club failed to sign players in the summer and is planning to bring in necessary reinforcements during the January transfer window.
- The Magpies are eyeing a move for France right-back Mathieu Debuchy while they are also in the hunt for a striker in case Demba Ba's £7.5m clause is activated.
- Arsenal are interested in signing West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame in January but the 25-year old suffered a hamstring injury which could keep him out for 3 months.
- Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham face competition from Real Madrid and Juventus for the signature of Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente.
- Chelsea have not ended their pursuit of signing Madrid duo Radamel Falcao and Gonzalo Higuain. Falcao from Athletico Madrid and Higuan from Real Madrid are Chelsea's top targets during the winter transfer window.