- Chelsea are still interested in £30 million move for Spain and Barcelona defensive midfielder Sergio Busquets. The La Liga giants will not sell the 24-year old in January but at the end of the season only if the player is willing to quit.
- Arsenal are plotting a move for Bayern Munich's Brazilian midfielder Luis Gustavo. The Gunners are keen on Chelsea veteran Frank Lampard.
- Liverpool are considering a bid for several strikers across Europe. Latest to join the long list are Georgios Samaras from Celtic and Swansea City's Spanish striker Michu. The Reds will bid for the following players in case they fail to sign Daniel Sturridge.
- Tottenham Hotpsur are planning a cut-price £7m move for Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente but face competition from Arsenal and Juventus.
- Manchester City have urged manager Roberto Mancini to sell before making any bids in January.
- City could make a surprise move Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole after Paris Saint-Germain shifted their attention towards Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra.
- Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is planning to bid for Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha in January and allow the 20-year old winger to spend the rest of the season on loan with Palace.
- Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini, who is being chased by a number of clubs across Europe, is happy to stay with the Merseyside blues.