Here are the stats and facts:
- Manchester United have won 17 Premier League meetings out of 30 against Manchester City, who have won seven.
- United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and City boss Roberto Mancini have met 10 times. Ferguson has won five to Mancini's four.
- United's biggest win at City came in their first-ever match. A 5-2 win on November 1894.
- Manchester City are still unbeaten after 15 league games this season.
- City are on the verge of winning three matches in a row against United for the first time since a four-match winning run in 1969-70.
- City became the first English team not win a single game in the Champions League group stage.
- City have not lost a single game in which Carlos Tevez has scored.
- There have been 163 competitive matches between the two sides, United have won 68 and City 45.
- John Hayes and Francis Lee remain the top-scorers in the Manchester derby with 10 goals each. Wayne Rooney sits at 8 goals while Paul Scholes scored 7.
- Ryan Giggs has the most appearances in the Manchester derby, 35.
- Sir Alex Ferguson has managed United in 45 derbies