The former Team Anna member on Saturday tweeted, "Main hoon Aam Aadmi. Main laoonga swaraj. Main banaoonga Jan Lokpal (I am the common man, will bring democracy and will bring Jan Lokpal)."
Taking the platform of micro-blogging site Twitter, Kejriwal also invited people of the country to join him at Jantar Mantar on Monday, Nov 26. His tweet says, "Pl come on 26 Nov to Jantar mantar. All those who become members on that day wud be treated as founding members."
Kejriwal along with Prashant Bhushan and other members met in New Delhi and decided party name and symbol which is believed to fight back corruption and bring the power of politics at the hand of aam-aadmi (common man).
Here are few facts regarding Kejriwal's political party:
- The name of the party is - Aam Aadmi Party.
- The ideology of the party is Swaraj. Women and youth will be given an important role in the party.
- There will be no high command in the party.
- The party will have provisions against domination by one family.
- It will have an internal Lokpal and will be democratic in structure.
- The party has been inspired by Indian Constitution which is one of the most progressive documents.
- A National Working Committee will be formed to run the functionary of the party. A 30-member national executive and a special constitution will be formed for the party.
- There will be no netas (leaders) as people are fed up of netas.