Shocking twist in Aarushi murder case unmasks Talwars?

Subscribe to Oneindia News
Nupur and Rajesh Talwar
New Delhi, Nov 22: Four years after the controversial Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, a shocking twist seems to have cornered the Talwar couple who have been fighting to get justice for their slain daughter. [Read: Aarushi murder case: Why is Nov 24 crucial for Talwars?]

During the murder trial in a special CBI court on Wednesday, Nov 21, the senior technical examiner at the Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), SPR Prasad recorded his statement while informing about his findings regarding all DNA samples.

Mr Prasad stated that the vaginal smears, which was sent to Hyderabad for examinations, did not match with Aarushi's DNA. However, other DNA samples, which were taken from Aarushi's room, bedsheets, pillow-cover, matched with her.

During the court proceeding, Mr Prasad was quoted as saying, "All these samples have DNA of one female and this female's DNA matches with blood samples of doctors Rajesh and Nupur Talwar. It can be concluded that this female is the biological daughter of the couple."

The forensic lab expert's statement brought a relief for those domestic helps who were allegedly involved in the double murder case. Mr Prasad said that Krishna, Rajkumar and Vijay Mandal's DNA samples were not found from several particles taken from Rajesh and Nupur Talwar's residence.

The CBI had filed a chargesheet against Nupur and her dentist husband Rajesh Talwar for destroying crucial evidence and misleading the investigators soon after the couple's teenaged daughter Aarushi was found dead at their Noida flat on the morning of May 16, 2008.

Nupur and Rajesh claimed that their domestic help Hemraj had killed Aarushi, but his body was discovered on the terrace of the same building a day later. A CBI court therefore charged the couple under sections 302/304 and 201.

Rajesh Talwar was also charged under another section 203. He, however, secured bail in the case on Jul 11, 2008. Incidentally, the first police officer who had visited Talwars' residence after receiving the news of Aarushi's death was mowed down by a truck recently.

CBI told the court that Jagbir Singh Malik succumbed to his injuries in the accident on Sep 22, 2012. After completing their investigations, the Noida police had declared Nupur and Rajesh guilty.

But when the case was handed over to the CBI, the couple were initially exonerated. The agency even filed a closure report in the case on Dec 29, 2010.

A Ghaziabad court nevertheless made Aarushi's parents the main accused in her murder case. The Talwars then tried to have the trial shifted from the special CBI court in Ghaziabad to Delhi.

The Supreme Court rejected this plea on Mar 2, 2012. Nupur Talwar surrendered in the Ghaziabad court on Apr 23. Seven days later, she was sent to judicial custody. Nupur currently has been released from jail as she was granted bail.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...