Mumbai, Nov 13: Bollywood item girl Rakhi Sawant is all set to drag Digvijay Singh to court. Rakhi, who earlier had claimed to hurl defamation case against Digvijay, wrote a letter to Mumbai police seeking legal action against the veteran Congress leader. [Update: Now, Digvijay Singh to entertain Rakhi Sawant]
Read full text of Rakhi's letter written to Mumbai police commissioner:
I, the undersigned and as mentioned above, respectfully bring to your information my grievances with a hope to get justice, as under -
1. I am a professional and artist and world known stage performer, famine activist, social worker and cultural Maharashtrian Maratha girl.
2. I have been hearing many news channels playing news on me and calling on and reporting about lewd indecent, outrageous remark on me by the said accused Digvijay Singh of the congress Party. Whatever I heard about myself and my person, which is said by Digvijay Singh as... Arvind Kejriwal and Rakhi Sawant are quite similar...they tried to expose but no substance..."
3. He said that I am a female and cultural activist. I say that said accused has lowered my image and reputation by comparing with masculine gender Kejriwal and thus raised a question mark on my feminist. I say that accused Digvijay has compared me with political activist who has no specific base and character.
4) I say that who told Digvijay Singh that I have no substance. I say that I do not know Digvijay Singh personally and neither have I entered into any contractual obligation to claim expose to show. Neither I feel that any such elderly person of such old age shall inter into private life and profession in any manner. For the same, I have already issued an instruction to my lawyer Ejaz Naqvi to issue a notice for claim against defamation for damage of Rs 50 crore to said accused Digvijay Singh at his address for loss etc. and further calling on him to stop such comment in further future.
5) Prima facie it looks that your officer and the concerned state congress machinery are inclined to presume and spread the false contention about my person that I am outrageous. Which is too attracting jurisdiction of state/national Human Right Commission. I say that the same contention/presumption of Congress Party and is general Secretary Digvijay Singh is baseless and false and I wanted to prove it by enacting Police investigations. For the sake of justice and my right to dignified life under the constitution of India.
In the circumstances and gruesome attack on my noble character and log history of disregarding to lodge proper cognisance despite being informed about such remarks on my person.
I finally request you to direct to you subordinate to register an appropriate complaint and FIR of outraging modesty of a woman/female, charges of passing lewd remarks and eve teasing, abusing, mischief, passing defamatory remake and false statement and rumour etc. against me and Criminal Conspiracy etc. and further transfer it to CBI against the above mentioned accused under the Relevant provisions of IPC u/s 354, 427, 500, 511 and also section 67/A and 69 of Information Technology Act 2000 etc.
Investigate the matter as disclosed in the Complaint and find out the accused etc. and secure the dignified life & legal interest of the Complainant & in the interest of justice and Right to a dignified life as guaranteed of the constitution for all the citizens to get justice.