- Manchester City are set to snatch the signature of Radamel Falcao after manager Roberto Mancini met the players representatives, according to reports from the Sunday Telegraph. The £46 million-rated is also a prime target for Chelsea but are unwilling to pay Atletico's asking price. City are willing to meet Falcao's wage demands but this move could see the transfer of either Mario Balotelli or Edin Dzeko.
- Meanwhile, Chelsea could swap their £50m striker Fernando Torres to bring in Falcao during the January transfer market.
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is ready to spend a mammoth £30 million for Napoli hitman Edinson Cavani as a replacement for Robin van Persie. Gunners have slipped eight points below third place Chelsea in the race for the title after drawing 3-3 against Fulham.
- Wenger is also interested in signing Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko and Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha. The Frenchman is also eyeing moves for Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente and Atletico Madrid striker Adrian Lopez.
- Chelsea are keen on buying Everton attacking midfielder Marouane Fellaini and are ready to break the bank with a huge £30m offer to ward off interests from European giants. French cash-rich club Paris Saint-Germain are also interested in the Belgian who can play as defensive midfielder, second striker or even as the main striker upfront.
- West Ham United are ready to bid for Liverpool flop Joe Cole. The Hammers are also planning a shock move for unsettled striker Niklas Anleka.
- Liverpool are yet renewing goalkeeper Brad Jones' contract which is nearing an end this summer.
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had once tried to sign Reds goalkeeper Pepe Reina and will now monitor the situation with the Spaniard in January. Wenger is keen on signing a goalkeeper after stand-in stopper Vito Mannone failed to deny Fulham while first-choice Wojciech Szczesny is still sidelined.