- Chelsea will not offer a contract extension to captain John Terry at the end of the season following the recent controversy which sees him serving a four-match ban for racially abusing Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand.
- Meanwhile, the European Champions will bid £25 million for Barcelona and Spain midfielder Sergio Busquets. Blues owner Roman Abramovich is ready to splash huge amounts to land the 24-year old.
- After Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool, now Tottenham are eyeing to sign Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha. The 19-year old starlet is valued at £20 million.
- Dutch striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar, who is a target for top Premier League clubs, has said he will make his mark against Arsenal when Schalke take on the Gunners in the UEFA Champions League next week.
- Fiorentina are plotting a move for Manchester United misfit Javier Hernandez during the January transfer window. Chicarito has lost his spot in the United line-up as manager Alex Ferguson opts for Danny Welbeck, Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie.
- Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is eyeing a move for Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole. The Blues are not willing to extend his contract which ends this year while Real have a problem at back with Marcelo sidelined and Alvaro Arbeloa and Fabio Coentrao injured.
- Everton have signed former Aston Villa and West Ham midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger on a short-term contract.
- Liverpool are planning a move for unhappy Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge and Arsenal winger Theo Walcott. Manager Brendan Rodgers has to cope with one striker Luis Suarez until the January transfer window re-opens.