- Defender John Terry has been told that he will be axed by Chelsea if he is found guilty of racial abuse again. Terry, 31, was handed a four-match band by the Football Association and the former England manager decided not to appeal against it.
- Manchester United want to bring back Stoke City centre-back Ryan Shawcross to Old Trafford. The 25-year-old began his career with the Red Devils before moving on permanently to Stoke in 2008.
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will offer Atletico Madrid £15 million for striker Adrian Lopez when the January transfer window re-opens. The Gunners are still in the hunt to replace Robin van Persie despite signing french forward Oliver Giroud.
- Meanwhile, Juventus have entered the race to sign Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente. The Turin club are willing to offer the Spanish striker £145,000-a-week making him the highest paid at the club. Llorente, 27, is a long term target for Arsenal but face competition from top clubs across Europe.
- AC Milan and Juventus are interested in Manchester United winger Nani. The Italians want to sign the Portuguese in a cut-price deal in the region of £12 million.
- Manchester City have denied making any bids for Barcelona duo Sergio Busquets and Cesc Fabregas.
- Liverpool are interested in England youth international Nathan Redmond as the 18-year-old is frustrated with Birmingham City over his contract terms.
- Tottenham centre-back Michael Dawson believes he has a future at White Hart Lane despite almost being sold by manager Andre Villas-Boas. The 28-year-old defender almost joined London rivals Queens Park Rangers before the move broke down.