Mr Ambani has been followed by Lakshmi N Mittal, the supremo of steel magnate, Wipro Chairperson Azim Premji and many others.
Rupert Hoogewerf, the chief of the research firm, has been quoted as saying, "The India Rich List tells the story of business in modern India."
Here is the list of the persons whose names have been featured during the survey:
- Reliance's Mukesh Ambani ($19.3 billion)
- Steel Magnate Lakshmi Mittal ($16.9 billion)
- Wipro's Azim Premji ($12.3 billion)
- Sun Pharmaceuticals' Dilip Shanghvi ($8.5 billion)
- Shapoorji Pallonji & Co's Pallonji Mistry ($7.9 billion)
- Essar Energy's Shashi & Ravi Ruia ($7.2 billion)
- Godrej Group's Adi Godrej ($6.9 billion)
- DLF chairman Kushal Pal Singh ($6.3 billion)
- Aditya Birla Group's Kumar Mangalam Birla ($5.8 billion)
- Bharti Airtel's Sunil Mittal ($5.7 billion)