Fire breaks out in Kolkata hospital, no casualty reported

Kolkata, Oct 2: A fire broke out in the maternity ward of state-run Medical College and Hospital on Tuesday night, but there was no injury. Fire brigade sources said the smoke came out from an AC and the fire may have been caused by a short-circuit. The fire broke out at 10.20 PM. Two fire tenders brought it under control within 15 minutes. Several women, carrying their newborns, rushed out of the ward in panic after seeing the smoke.

Last year in December, a major fire broke out at the AMRI Hospitals in the city which had choked several patients to death.


Please Wait while comments are loading...