- Chelsea are ready to bid £35million for Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos. The Spain defender, who can play both at right-back and as a centre-half, was dropped on the bench in recent games. Ramos joined Real as a 19-year old for £18million in 2005.
- Meanwhile, Real Jose Mourinho hopes Sir Alex Ferguson is still at Manchester United when he begins his stint in the Barclays Premier League.
- Arsenal fans have released a rap record for winger Theo Walcott to sign a contract extension with the Gunners. Liverpool and Manchester City are interested in the England international.
- However, Arsenal are planning to bid for Dutch striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar. But any possible move for the Schalke striker depends on Walcott's future.
- Manchester United and Chelsea are eyeing 19-year old Lille left-back Lucas Digne.
- Veteran French defender Mikael Silvestre is currently training with Manchester United after leaving the club four years ago. United boss Alex Ferguson could bring in the 35-year old amid defensive problems due to injuries.
- Liverpool and Arsenal are monitoring Demba Ba's situation at Newcastle. The Toons are not willing to increase the Senegalese strikers wages, which may force him to quit the club in January.
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is unsure whether to sign Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin with a permanent deal. The 24-year old Turkey international joined the Reds on a 12-month loan deal from Madrid.
- England coach Gary Neville has revealed his former Manchester United teammate Rio Ferdinand will be snubbed following Jonh Terry's retirement. England manager Roy Hodgson has never selected Ferdinand, 33.