- Ashley Cole has rejected a new one-year contract from Chelsea and could leave the club in January if no agreement is reached. The 31-year-old is being closely watched by former Blues managers Jose Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti.
- Premier League giants Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Arsenal are on high alert as Russian captain Igor Denisov was asked to play with the reserves by Zenit St Petersburg. The 28-year-old criticised the blockbuster signing of Hulk and Alex Witsel for £72 million.
- Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos has revealed that he won't join Manchester City after settling his row with manager Jose Mourinho.
- Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra admitted he will fight for his place after an impressive start by Dutch starlet Alex Buttner.
- Former Liverpool and Aston Villa striker Emile Heskey joined Australia's A-league side Newcastle Jets.
- Manchester United face new injury concerns as captain Nemanja Vidic is out for two months after undergoing a knee surgery while winger Antonio Valencia left the training ground on crutches.
- Sir Alex Ferguson is now left with two first choice centre-backs Rio Ferdinand and Jonny Evans.
- The Red Devils have also enquired about Galatasaray goalkeeper Fernando Muslera and defender Semih Kaya.
- Liverpool are willing to keep defender Daniel Agger at the club by offering a four-year deal worth £15 million. The Danish centre-back will earn £70k weekly to shrug off any interests from Manchester City who made a £20m bid for the 27-year-old.