All the transfer news and rumours on Sept 25:
- Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo is optimistic left-back Ashley Cole will sign a contract extension at Stamford Bridge. The 31-year-old scored the winner against Stoke City, his first goal in 28 months.
- Inter Milan are keeping tabs on Arsenal right-back Bacary Sagna. The 29-year-old Frenchman was frustrated with the sale of Robin van Persie and Alex Song, however, if contract talks do not go on well with the Gunners he could be sold next summer.
- Chelsea winger Eden Hazard revealed that he was close to joining London rivals Spurs but the White Hart Lane club failed to qualify for the Champions League.
- Roy Hodgson has kept the door open for centre-back John Terry who recently announced his retirement from international football.
- Meanwhile, Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand is open to returning to the England squad following the retirement of centre-back John Terry.
- Fulham manager Martin Jol is eyeing a move for free agent Nigel Reo-Coker.
- Liverpool centre-back Daniel Agger and right-back Martin Kelly could miss the rest of the season after suffering knee and ankle injuries, respectively.
- Arsenal winger Theo Walcott wants to stay with the Gunners and become like club legend Thierry Henry. Walcott also denied his delay in signing a new contract had anything to do with money.
- Wayne Rooney is likely to return to action against Newcastle United in the League Cup tie. The 26-year-old striker suffered a nasty gash on his thigh against Fulham at Old Trafford.
- Former West Ham United midfielder Thomas Hitzlspergeris on a two week trial with Everton.