Aarushi: Talwars deliberately tried to avoid Hemraj's body?

Subscribe to Oneindia News
Aarushi Talwar
Ghaziabad, Sept 6: Another witness was summoned in a special court in Ghaziabad over Aarushi Talwar murder case. This time the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has tried to establish the facts that Talwars had deliberately tried to avoid Hemraj's body which was kept on the terrace at their residence in Noida.

Kripa Shankar Tripathi, a priest at Antim Niwas had performed Aarushi's last rites on May 17, 2008. The priest informed about Talwars "suspicious" behaviour on the day when Aarushi was cremated.

"...a day after the cremation held on May 16, 2008, Dr Rajesh and Nupur Talwar came to him along with other family members and reserved a locker for their daughter's ashes, but took it away within half an hour," the priest told while facing questions from the lawyers.

Following Tripathi's statement, the CBI officials claimed, "...with his testimony, they are trying to prove that Talwars took the ashes from the priest and rushed to Haridwar as they wanted to stay away from the house at the time Hemraj's body was recovered."

However, the defence lawyer overruled CBI's speculations saying, "If CBI's claim is true, then there would have been no need to reserve the locker. Initially, there was no plan to take the remains to Haridwar on May 17, 2008 but elders in the family said that ashes should be immersed as soon as possible."

14-year-old Aarushi was found dead in their residence on May 15, 2008. Initially, the needle of suspicion was pointed towards Hemraj, Talwar's servant. But soon Aarushi's parents came under the scanner when Hemraj's body was found on the terrace of the Talwar's residence on the next day.

Earlier, former Noida Superintendent of Police KK Gautam had described how did they discover Hemraj's body for the first time.

Accompanied by Aarushi's uncle Dinesh Talwar, Mr Gautam had visited the crime spot. While inspecting Aarushi and Hemraj's rooms near the staircase, Mr Gautam had discovered blood stains on the staircase and railing.

While giving his statement in the court, Mr Gautam was quoted as saying, "Then I called Superintendent of Police (city) Mahesh Mishra and informed him that there are some blood stains and the lock need to be opened."

Mishra, according to Gautam, said he would reach the spot but before that he would send the then station officer Dataram Nauneria. "The SO reached the crime spot and asked for the key, but Dinesh said he did not have it. The SO then broke open the lock and reached the roof where they found blood on the middle of the roof and a body was dragged from there to a corner," he said. The body was covered with a bedsheet and a cooler penal was also lying on it. Police asked about the body, but Dinesh feigned ignorance about his identity.

Aarushi's parents - Dr Rajesh and Nupur Talwar are the accused as the CBI in its closure report had mentioned that they were the only suspects in the double murder case.

OneIndia News

Please Wait while comments are loading...