The much-anticipated Google+ Hangout interactive session on Friday, on Aug 31st was hosted by popular Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn. The subject of the session was "Strong and Glorious India Long Cherished by Swami Vivekananda".
The Google+ Hangout session was broadcast live on YouTube as well. With Modi having to face the Assembly elections by the end of the year, he was thrown a barrage of questions by inquisitive public. He received more than 5,000 questions for the session through YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Modi's own website.
A statement on the hugely successful session said, "Many people have penned questions on Gujarat's development while many have sought to know Mr Modi's vision for specific sectors. The colossal failures of the UPA also take up a large chunk of questions. The record number of questions reaffirms the popularity of Narendra Modi at the grass root level and indicates the willingness of the people to interact with him."
The statement added, "He remains among the most tech-savvy politicians who have used social media as a key way to engage with well-wishers. Gujarat Chief Minister has been very active on Twitter and Facebook. He is also a regular blogger, who writes on various issues."
"In this day and age where IT and Communications has come to play a dominant role, there is a lot to learn from Modi on how to use it as a means to make a difference! The interactive session will be aired LIVE on Modi's website- www.narendramodi.in."
Below are highlights of Narendra Modi's statements during live chat:
• We have to look after our villages to ensure prosperity in the cities.
• Youngsters should enter politics with a determination to make a change.
• Politics itself is not a bad thing, but the country lost its way a bit after independence.
• The idea of secularism is being twisted by vote bank politics.
• Secularism for me means 'India first'.
• 21st century would be driven by knowledge.
• Skill development is a crucial aspect of creating jobs.
• I'm sure India's young population will shine brightly in the future.