London, Sep 1: As the Premier League transfer season comes to a close this summer, we take a look at some of the top transfers completed on Friday.
- Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien has signed a season-long loan deal with La Liga champions Real Madrid.
- Manchester City signed the biggest deal on deadline day as Benfica defensive midfielder Javi Garcia signed for £16m.
- Former Liverpool midfielder Yossi Benayoun has rejoined West Ham United from Chelsea on a season-long loan deal.
- Spurs have completed the signing of Fulham forward Clint Dempsey for £6 million.
- Matija Nastasic, 19-year-old defender, has completed a sensational move to Manchester City from Fiorentina. City have sent defender Stefan Savic the other way in a £10m exchange move.
- France and Lyon goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has signed for Tottenham Hotspur in a deal worth £13 million.
- Manchester City defensive midfielder Nigel de Jong has joined Italian giants AC Milan for £3.5 million while the champions have signed Inter Milan right-back Maicon for £3 million.
- Swansea City have signed Valencia winger Pablo Hernandez for £5.5m as Manchester City signed Swans winger Scott Sinclair for £8m.
- Liverpool midfielder Charlie Adam has moved to Stoke City for £4m while another midfielder Jay Spearing completed a loan move to Bolton Wanderers.
- Rafael van der Vaart rejoined his old club Hamburg from Tottenham Hotspur for £10.2m.
- Arsenal striker Niklas Bendtner completed his move to Italian champions Juventus on a season-long loan deal.
- Manchester United's forgotten striker Dimitar Berbatov has signed a two-year contract with Fulham. The Cottagers beat Tottenham in a £5m bid for the Bulgarian.
- Southampton have broken the club transfer record fee to sign Uruguayan winger Gaston Ramirez from Bologna.