London, Aug 21: Premier League's opening week saw 27 goals, 121 shots, two red cards, five penalty goals, two debutants scoring the most. All stats and facts from Game Week 1.
Premier League: Game Week 1: Match Stats and Facts
- The first Game Week of Barclays Premier League 2012-13 witnessed 27 goals.
- Out of 20, Eight teams managed to keep clean sheets.
- A total of 3,44,124 fans turned up to watch the opening game week.
- 121 shots on target, 97 off target and a total of 275 players featured.
- None of the players scored a hat-trick while players from 53 different countries played in the first week.
- 30 players were cautioned while two were sent off.
- 24 players scored in the opening game week of EPL 2012-13.
- Five goals were scored from the penalty spot.
- Fulham had the highest shots on target, 9, while Sunderland had the least just 2.
- Stoke City and West Ham United conceded 17 fouls, the most, while Manchester City made only 4 fouls.
- Sunderland failed to get a corner while Manchester United had 8 of them, the highest.
- Arsenal recorded 71 percent possession against Sunderland.
- Miguel Perez Cuesta (Michu) scored the first goal of this season. The Spaniard scored twice on his debut.
- Fulham's Mladen Petric also scored twice on his debut.
- Liverpool defender Daniel Agger was the player to be red carded this season.
- West Brom striker Shane Long won two penalties against Liverpool.
- Everton beat Manchester United for the fifth time in 22 games at home. The Red Devils lost their opening match for the first time in eight years.