London, Aug 12: Robin van Persie to play first league game with Arsenal. Fulham's Clint Dempsey nearing Liverpool switch. Manchester City eye Everton's Jack Rodwell. QPR are interest in Spurs' William Gallas.
- Robin van Persie could stay with Arsenal as Alex Ferguson fears Gunners boss Arsene Wenger will block any possible move to Manchester United.
- Netherlands coach Luis van Gaal revealed that Robin van Persie will start the season with Arsenal despite interests from Manchester United, according to reports.
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers will use midfielder Charlie Adam as bait to force a move for Fulham's Clint Dempsey.
- Everton have accepted Manchester City's offer for 21-year-old midfielder Jack Rodwell, the Toffees confirmed on their official website. The deal is reportedly worth around £15 million.
- Arsenal are planning to hijack financially troubled Spanish club Malaga. The Gunners are now eyeing a move for £8m-rated midfielder Isco after recently signing Santi Cazorla for £16.5 million.
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers still wants to sign Theo Walcott from Arsenal to inject pace and width to his squad.
- Tottenham have told William Gallas that he is free to leave White Hart Lane with Queens Park Rangers interested in the France centre-half.
- QPR bad boy Joey Barton is on the brink of signing a season-long loan with Blackpool.
- Manchester City are planning to bring South Korea left-back Yun Suk-Young to Eastlands as Aleksander Kolarov is set to leave the champions while the 22-year-old Korean will be a back-up for first choice left-back Gael Clichy.
- Manchester City had rejected a £40m offer from cash-rich French side Paris Saint-Germain for star striker Mario Balotelli, according to reports.
- Stoke City are eyeing a £3m move for Aston Villa defender Richard Dunne.
- Newcastle are considering a move for PSV Eindhoven striker Ola Toivonen.
- Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas has lost hopes of signing both Emmanuel Adebayor and Brazil's Leandro Damiao.