London, Aug 10: Rooney wants Van Persie deal. Joe Allen set for Liverpool switch. Chelsea eye Swiss right-back and Edinson Cavani.
- Wayne Rooney hopes Manchester United sign Arsenal striker Robin van Persie. The Red Devils striker feels Van Persie would be 'great addition' to the squad.
- United chief executive David Gill is set for talks with Arsenal over the transfer of Robin van Persie.
- Luka Modric has been left isolated by Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas. The Croatian playmaker will be training on his own as Real Madrid remain frustrated over Spurs' £40 million valuation.
- Swansea midfielder Joe Allen is close to signing for Liverpool after watching them win 3-0 against FC Gomel in Anfield.
- Liverpool winger Craig Bellamy is holding talks with Cardiff City.
- Manchester City are closing in on signing Scott Sinclair with an offer of £5.5m rising to £8m.
- Chelsea are set to bid for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani after Russian giants Zenit St. Petersburg made an offer for Brazil star Hulk.
- Dutch international Wesley Sniejder wants Inter Milan to buy Nigel de Jong, 27, from Manchester City.
- AS Roma have asked Manchester City to come up with the best offer if they want to sign midfielder Daniele De Rossi. However, Roma's director Walter Sabatini has rejected claims that the club are ready to sell De Rossi. Sabatini further said it would take £80 million for interested clubs to sign the 29-year old Italian.
- Chelsea are eyeing Switzerland right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner after failing to sign Cesar Azpilicueta from Marseille.
- Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku is eyeing a loan move to West Ham United instead of city rivals Fulham.
- Alou Diarra, 31, is set to leave Marseille to join West Ham United.