Today's transfer news and rumours:
- Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he would like to bring Arsenal striker Robin van Persie to Manchester United. But the Gunners want an extra £5m if their Dutch star joins United. Arsenal also rejected their rivals £15m bid as another target Lucas Moura slipped through their hands to join Paris Saint-Germain.
- According to reports, Van Persie has been offered £220,000-a-week in wages, similar to Wayne Rooney's salary, if he joins the Red Devils.
- Manchester City are given the go ahead to hold talks with AS Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi. Nigel de Jong is set to complete a move to Inter Milan if City sign 29-year old De Rossi.
- United's top target this summer Lucas Moura, 19, termed the Old Trafford club as 'boring' during his stints here at London Olympics. Cash-rich PSG splashed £32m for the 19-year-old sealing a four-year deal.
- Chelsea are ready to improve their bid for Bayer Leverkusen and Germany striker Andre Schurrle. The European champions are preparing a £20m bid for the young forward who is tipped to be a replacement for Didier Drogba.
- Manchester City are preparing to outbid Tottenham in the race to sign Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao. Spurs remain frustrated over the signing of Emmanuel Adebayor while Werder Bremen are keen to sign City outcast Roque Santa Cruz.
- Bundesliga side Wolfsburg are willing to re-sign Edin Dzeko from Manchester City and may also offer defender Simon Kjaer as part of the bid.
- Manchester City will have to splash £25m for Daniel Agger plus Liverpool want winger Adam Johnson on loan if the Dane join the English champions.
- Liverpool makes £15m offer for Swansea midfielder Joe Allen.
- Tottenham are interested in signing 24-year-old Partizan Belgrade and Sierra Leone midfielder Mohamed Kamara.
- Barcelona manager Tito Vilanova has refused to comment on speculations surrounding the transfer of Arsenal midfielder Alex Song.
- Napoli are eyeing a £8m move for Chelsea midfielder Raul Meireles while Bolton Wanderers and Blackburn Rovers are planning a loan swoop for 19-year old Josh McEachran.
- Tottenham are considering a move for Inter Milan's Brazilian goal keeper Julio Cesar after losing hopes to sign French stopper Hugo Lloris.
More to Follow..