Here are some interesting Statistics and Facts of Manchester United from the Barclays Premier League season 2011-12:
- The Red Devils finished 2nd on the table with 89 points, only losing the League title to Manchester City by goal difference (8).
- Sir Alex Ferguson's men managed 20 clean sheets in a total of 38 games.
- Out of 38 games, United won 28, lost 5 and 5 draws similar to their noisy neighbours Manchester City.
- United scored 2.34 goals/match while they conceded 0.87 goals/match in 38 games.
- United's longest winning streak is 8 games while their losing streak is two games.
- Highest number of goals were scored against Arsenal, 10.
- The Red Devils scored a goal in every game, a total of 87 goals were scored.
- Highest percentage of goals, 18%, was scored between 40-50 minutes.
- 17% of the goals were conceded between 40-50th minute.
- Manchester United had 592 shots on goal, a total of 593 crosses with their offside tally of 86.
- Fulham, Bolton, Swansea, Sunderland, Aston Villa and QPR failed to score a single goal against the Red Devils.
- Rivals Manchester City scored the highest number of goals against United, 7.
- All together 189 saves were made, 130 blocks and 227 clearances.
- Out of the 33 goals conceded, two were own goals.
- The Reds committed a total of 367 fouls with 51 cautions.
- United won 10 games and lost 3 with a 1-goal margin.