Today's transfer news and rumours:
- Andy Carroll has not travelled with his Liverpool team-mates for Thursday's Europa League qualifier against FC Gomel.
- West Ham United are ready to make Andy Carroll their best-paid player with a new offer of £100,000-a-week in wages. The £35m Liverpool misfit had rejected a £19m move to West London after the clubs agreed upon a fee. The 23-year-old striker will only leave Anfield to rejoin former club Newcastle.
- Premier League champions Manchester City are planning a £35m swoop for Real Madrid forward Gonzalo Higuain. But manager Roberto Mancini is also desperate to land Arsenal striker Robin van Persie.
- Luka Modric's move to Real Madrid could be washed away after Tottenham rejected a £38m bid from the Los Blancos. The Londoners want £40m for their Croatian star, while Real are planning to bring back Inter Milan's Wesley Sniejder.
- Modric's future will be decided when Tottenham return from their pre-season tour of US, according to coach Andre Villas-Boas
- Barcelona are eyeing a surprise move for Arsenal's Alex Song. The Catalans are preparing a £12m offer for the star midfielder.
- Manchester United and Arsenal have shown interest in Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama.
- Stoke City are planning to sign Aston Villa's Allan Hutton for £2 million.
- Sunderland have had a £10m bid turned down by Wolverhampton Wanderers for striker Steven Fletcher.
- Manchester City defender Kolo Toure insists he is happy to play in the Premier League despite links of a move to Turkey.
- Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Amos has joined Hull City on a season-long loan.
- Aston Villa defender James Collins has rejoined West Ham in a four-year deal.