Today's transfer news and rumours:
- Liverpool offer clubs to sign Andy Carroll with a £2m loan fee and buy the striker for £14m next summer.
- Manchester City are set to bring Daniele De Rossi to Eastlands in a deal worth £28m.
- Fulham are planning to sign Chelsea's Yossi Benayoun on loan. The Israeli international spent last season on loan at Arsenal.
- Queens Park Rangers have signed Blackburn forward Junior Hoilett on a four-year deal. The 22-year old Canadian becomes Mark Hughes' seventh signing after the capture of Rob Green, Ryan Nelsen, Fabio Da Silva, Ji-Sung Park, Samba Diakite and Andy Johnson.
- Real Madrid are back in the hunt for Luka Modric and are willing to make an improved bid of £33m. Manager Jose Mourinho has taken charge of the transfer saga. However, Tottenham are not ready to reduce their asking price of £40m.
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger claims that the club have not received any bid for want-away striker Robin van Persie. Reports suggest that Manchester rivals City and United will battle it out for the 28-year-old Dutch international.
- Fulham are monitoring the situation with Arsenal winger Andrey Asharvin. Russian giants Zenit St. Petersburg are favourites to capture the Russian.
- Arsene Wenger has denied reports linking Arsenal with Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin. The 22-year-old Turkey international has also been linked to North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur.
- Emmanuel Adebayor's move to Tottenham has hit a new low after the striker demanded the £5 million transfer fee from Manchester City.
- Uruguayan star Gaston Ramirez is in talks with a Premier League club, according to reports. Liverpool are pole position to sign the £20m-rated Bologna winger.
- Manchester United are set to make a final bid for Sao Paulo midfielder Lucas Moura. The Brazilian club had rejected an initial bid of £25m.
- Arsenal will have to up their bid to £20m in order to sign Malaga playmaker Santi Cazorla.
- Dutch international Ron Vlaar is on the verge of signing a three-year contract with Aston Villa.