Spanish La Liga transfer news and rumours
- Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin is nearing a move to the Premier League, according to reports. Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester United are eyeing a loan move for Turkey international.
- Real Madrid misfit Kaka is ready to take €2 million pay cut from his €10 million-a-year contract with the Los Blancos. AC Milan are eyeing a loan move for the 30-year old Brazilian.
- Barcelona have confirmed they are in no hurry to sign a centre-back. The Catalans had shown interests in Atletic Bilbao's Javi Martinez, who is currently leading Spain at the London Olympics, but have pulled out of the deal due to the defenders price.
- Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho will take control of the transfer saga surrounding Luka Modric. However, Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has refused to budge on the £40m price tag. Meanwhile, Mourinho is keen to offload Kaka so as to land the Croatian playmaker.
- Real Madrid will battle it out with Italian giants AC Milan to sign Manchester City defender Micah Richards.
- Barcelona's new manager Tito Vilanova has put an end to the controversy around right-back Daniel Alves.
- Barcelona want to keep winger Ibrahim Afellay. But the Dutch star has been linked to a move to Premier League with Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham monitoring the situtation.
- Brazilian right-back Maicon has told Inter Milan he will not be playing in the Europa League. The 31-year old defender has turned down offers from Chelsea and Anzhi Makhachkala to fulfill his desire to play at the Bernabeu with Real Madrid.
- Athletic Bilbao defender Fernando Amorebieta has drawn interest from Liverpool FC. The 27-year-old centre-back has a release clause of £26million but could be negotiated to a cut-price as low as just £12m.
- Oliver Torres, the 17-year old sensation from Athletic Madrid has been made massive offer from European champions Chelsea. But the youngster is not willing to leave Madrid.
- Santi Cazorla's move to Arsenal could be delayed after Malaga refused to sell the Spanish international for £16m.
- Thiago Alcantara will not leave Barcelona this summer, the playmakers father, former Brazil international Mazinho, said.
- Villareal have confirmed the transfer of Brazilian forward Nilmar to Qatar side Al Rayyan.