Today's transfer news and rumours:
- Luka Modric move to Real Madrid hit a new low as Tottenham slap a £35 million asking price for the Croatian star.
- Robin van Persie has had a number of offers coming in from all over Europe but Arsenal are willing to keep their Dutch star until his 12-month contract runs out next season.
- Juventus chief Beppe Moratta has described Arsenal's asking price for Robin van Persie as 'astronomical'.
- Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that Liverpool are interested in Fulham forward Clint Dempsey and are preparing to capture the American for £10 million.
- Liverpool striker Andy Carroll could go back to former club Newcastle United on loan, be loaned out to AC Milan or sold to finance Clint Dempsey move.
- Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has told Dimitar Berbatov he is free to leave the club as the Red Devils eye Gunners striker Robin van Persie.
- Wigan have signed two 19-year-olds from FC Barcelona. The young Barcelona duo Eduard Campabadal and Guillermo will join the Latics development side.
- Chelsea are back in the hunt for Spanish right-back Cesar Azpilicueta. The 22-year-old Spaniard has a £7m price tag and plays for France Ligue 1 side Marseille.
- Brazilian star Oscar has completed a medical at Stamford Bridge on arriving in London for the Olympic games.
- Fulham are interested in signing Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku on loan.
- Swansea have told Liverpool to pay £15 million for midfielder Joe Allen.
- Arsenal and Tottenham are eyeing Spanish star Santi Cazorla from Malaga FC.
- AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato's agent has denied any links to Paris Saint-Germain.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic has completed his record-breaking move to cash-rich French club Paris Saint-Germain.
- Real Sociedad are interested to sign their loan star Carlos Vela from Arsenal on a permanent deal.
- Athletic Bilbao are unwilling to lower the asking price of defensive midfielder Javi Martinez. But with a £32 million price tag, neither Bayern Munich or Barcelona are ready to spend on the Spanish international.
- Arsenal, Inter Milan, Lille and Liverpool are the four clubs lining up bids for Barcelona forward Ibrahim Afellay, according to reports from Spain.